Monday 6 June 2011

BOURNEMOUTH 2010

The 19th of June of 2011 we will start our first experience together outside the country, in Broadstairs, England to be exact. For those who have not been in England yet, I would like explain a little bit how it works.

Last summer I went to a campus in a town, Bournemouth, in the south of England. I went to the Bournemouth University campus (BU), because it was the first time I travelled abroad alone and I preferred to stay there rather than with a family. I spent three whole weeks of July there, and they were almost the best weeks of that summer.

We lived in little houses for four which had two floors. On the ground floor we had a bedroom, a kitchen and a small room for all of us. Upstairs there were three more bedrooms and two toilets.

I went with a friend and we stayed together in the house with two more girls, one was from Germany and the other from Kazakhstan.

The first day we did an exam (grammar, oral and expression) to put us in different levels.

A normal day there was:

We woke up early in the morning and had breakfast; then we had some time to get ready before classes or activities. At 12:30 we had lunch, some free time and then activities or classes again up to 18:30, when we had dinner. Then some activities like films, games… and then free time again. At 22:30 more or less we had to be at home, but we never made did it!

We had classes in the morning the first and third weeks, and in the afternoon the second one. We had two different teachers a day, 1 hour and a half with one, a small break of half an hour and another hour and a half with another teacher. All the teachers were native, they were fantastic, and some activities we did there were similar to the ones we are doing here in the high school.

The rest of the time we had activities (sports, games…) with the staff of the campus and free time, when we could go all around the campus, to the houses …

The worst thing was the food. Everything is fried: chips, meat, fish… and it did not taste as good as here, it is something strange, you will see!

Most of the time we were with people from all over the world, it was great, we learnt things about their countries, we practised the language, we enjoyed ourselves a lot.

I hope you have enjoyed the post and you learnt something about England, thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. This post is good, it is always good to have some extra information of where you are going. It also makes me feel even more impacient about going to Broadstairs, because we will enjoy it a lot. However, what you mentioned about the food worries me, I don't know if we will eat properly any of the days. BLANCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is not much to comment about this post as it is about personal experiences. However, I have to say that I´m afraid of the food that we are going to have while we are going to be in Kent. I am a little bit rare with food so I think that I will need to have some tasty food hidden on my lugage. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very interesting as it gives as more information about England and our trip.

    Although the food is not going to be as good as the one we eat here,I think we will enjoy it a lot and that it will be an unforgettable experience!! Don�t you think?

    I�m looking forward to the day!,and you?

    YAIZA.

    ReplyDelete