Tuesday 31 May 2011

Why don´t they win an Oscar?

Have you ever seen a funny film like Leslie Nielsen’s winning an Oscar or any important prize? I have not seen it yet. When I decide to go to the cinema with my friends I want to have a laugh, to have the feeling that I haven´t wasted my money. When I see, rarely, the Oscar ceremony I don´t see any funny films winning one. I don´t know if the jury likes funny movies or not, but ordinary people do.

There are many types funny movies, but many of them are parodies of famous films. One of the best actors who has ever acted in those parodies, from my point of view, was Leslie Nielsen. He was the most famous actor in comic cinema.

He died one year ago; that was a great loss for the cinema. He made many films, such as “Wrongfully Accused”. This is one of the funniest films I have ever seen. However, the director, or even Leslie, didn´t received any mention. There is another series of movies of “Scary movie” or “American Pie”. Even though I have defended these kinds of films I must say that there are not ideal candidates for an Oscar. They are imitations of a real movie, and sometimes they include nasty things or improper scenes such as uncontrolled criticism.

Apart from the parodies there are other movies, with an original and interesting plot, which are serious and funny at the same time. One good example is “RED”. It is a story of retired C.I.A. agents who are investigating why the C.I.A. wants to kill them. It seems to be a tragedy. In part it is, because there is some blood and violence.

However, there are many funny parts which make you laugh a lot. Apart from this film, there are other films like that; films that make the cinema one of the best relaxing activity you can do.

Perhaps, one day, in a far or close future, these films will be given a prize.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Those funny films are the ones that make me feel good. When I am borried during a Suday´s afternoon I used to watch those films which make me have a laught. They are very good and, although sometimes they don′t have a plot at all, you always want to see the end of the film as it is usually the funniest part. If I have to choose between ′American Pie′ and ′Scary Movie′ I will choose American Pie as I find it even more interesting. However, I think that those mentioned movies don´t win a prize as some people think that they are no educative and that they are nasty. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with this post as funny films are the ones which make us laugh in our worst moments.
    These films are the ones which provoke a smile in our face even without noticing it.And this films are the ones which from my point of view should be given a Novel Price,don�t you think?

    Moreover,other funny films you would enjoy are:The party,Grumpy old men,My fellow Americans and not only these ones but there are also good,interesting series such as the Pink Panther series.

    YAIZA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that funny films are the best ones, because they make you forget about any problem while you are watching them. However, I have just seen one of those films you have talked about, because I see other kind of funny films. BLANCA

    ReplyDelete