Sunday 20 March 2011

Welcome to Austria!

If you like nature and cold weather, or if you are sweet-toothed; Austria is the country you need. You can do whatever you want, except sunbathing on a beach (there is no sea there). If you are a ski lover some of the best ski slopes of Europe are to be found in these alpine areas. Comparing the great Alps of Austria and the Pyrenees of France and Spain I would chose the mountains in central Europe. However, if you are not brave enough to ski and, perhaps, brake an arm, there are many other activities to do in the countryside. One example is ornithology, observing the slippery grouse in danger of extinction in Spain and in many European countries. If you like fishing trout in the cold rivers of the Alps, this country is the best place you can find.

The capital, Vienna, is all a leisure center. There are antique markets every Thursday and the Sacher hotel is a place you must not forget to visit. If you are in Vienna during the cold and snowy winter, the Sacher hotel will give you time to marvel at the hot chocolate and eat the famous Sacher cake while you watch the falling snow in the street. Vienna is also good to start the study of German, one of the main European languages.

If you don’t know where to go, take a jet and fly to Austria.

8 comments:

  1. It will be a good idea, sometimes is good to have some kind of different holidays to the traditionals ones, I will try to convice my parents to do it this summer HA HA HA!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why we are so convince that the perfec holidays are going to be found outside our country, we have all we need here if we want a cool atmosphere in the Pyrenees, we could go fishing everywere our province.
    Eventhough I could say that I would like to do a travel to that wonderfull place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the previous one is mine RODRIGO i forgot the ame sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Austria is a marvellous country. I think it would be very interesting to know different cultures and learn a bit of german.
    Javier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally if I didn't know where to go Austria would be the last place I would think to visit. Except fishing and a bit of skiing I don't like anything about it. Raul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Austria:an excellent country for nature lovers.It is also the perfect country to practise different sports such as ski or walking,due to its great mountains.

    Apart from that,it has numerous castles and palaces witnesses of ancient architecture.That is,an authentic paradise for people interested in ancient architecture.
    This,together with its culture,folklorey and gastronomy make Astria becoming a marvellous magnet to attract tourists.

    However,from my point of view,Spain is the best country to visit on holydays.
    It has a lot of interesting places and its celebrations such as "Los San Fermines" are fantastic.

    Having everything into account,If I were you,I will travel to any place here in Spain as you won�t have cold and you will enjoy your vacations a lot.

    YAIZA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to recognise that Austria is not one of my favorite places and that I do not like ornithology or ancient architecture. I think that this post is intereseting as it allows us to show that a simple place allows tourists to learn plenty of things about culture , sports or history. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been there, so I can't say that I don't like it, but it is not one of the places which I would chose if I wanted to go on vacations, it is not atractive.
    Blanca

    ReplyDelete