Monday 10 January 2011

Social Networks

Here we are!

I have decided to talk about social networks as I think everyone or nearly everyone in the class uses them. As you probably know a social network is a web in which people chat, share information, upload photos, etc.
They have plenty of advantages and plenty of disadvantages.

One point of view in favour is that they allow you to communicate with your friends on the Internet instead of spending money on the phone. Furthermore, you can keep in touch with your friends from other countries.
An additional advantage is that you can share photos, texts, messages with your friends. If one of your friends isn't connected to the net, you can write them a message (private or not) and when he/she connects it will be read. It is an entertainment when you use it in moderation and with the permission of your parents.

The main disadvantage is that some people don't know how to use it properly or how frequently it should be used. Approximately, one hour and a half a day is the right amount of time, but most people use it more, especially at the weekend.

It is addictive, I know.

We must remember that approximately two years ago we didn't use it very much and we lived perfectly well but, once you start using a social network, we find we like it and we get used to entering every day. It's like a drug.

An additional disadvantage is that there are plenty of untrustworthy people on the net that can take your personal information and cause serious problems.

All things considered, I think that they are excellent when you use them in moderation. How much time do you spend a day in front of these blue screens known as FACEBOOK and TUENTI ? Be honest!

4 comments:

  1. Very Interesting! Just remeber I will be watching you from now on!!! ha!ha!ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post as I think it represents very well how society works nowadays,I mean,everything or nearly everything we do is linked with the internet(and social networks).

    Actually,if we couldn´t use it,I don´t really know if we would be able to unroll ourselves in the real world.
    TODAY,we need the internet even to buy food,hahaha!!!

    After this reflexion and althoug I don´t use it too much,Ihave to say that it is very useful in every aspect,especially when we talk about the blue screens,which are those we use everyday,hehehe!

    YAIZA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot this post, it shows how things change with Technology and how the social time of teenagers change in time. Nowadays, teens' lifes go around the net, and either education as we need the information for the works, homeworks, projects... etc.

    However, that the teenagers use too much the internet it's a fact, so what we might do is reducing our hours spent on it.

    And to conclude, I have to said that I used a lot Social Networks, I think is wonderful the possibility of communication between different COUNTRIES, that in a no so far awar past, seems to be impossible. Also I have to said that in my case, I won't survive without Internet (yes, I'm exaggerating haha)

    MARINA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ussually use them much less of what you have previously said. I think that during the week one hour and a half is too much, and almost impossible, at least for me. In the other aspects you are ok.

    Regards........PAUL

    ReplyDelete