Monday 14 February 2011

Tuna!!!

Finally, the tuna came!

Year by year, the boys and girls of 4º E.S.O. dress up as minstrels. We wear a black cloak and a red or blue rosette, depending on the high school we attend. Mine is red!
The cloaks aren’t only black; if they were......they would be very tasteless. Don´t you think? Ha! Ha! Ha!

They have a special feature which is that they are covered with ribbons of many colours, made by all our friends and relatives.

After the nerves and the stress of preparing for the festival, or at least that’s how I felt, we went out to walk all around Soria, filling each of its streets with joy and colour. In spite of the fact that the first day was completely disorganised, (there was not even one guitar and there were very few tambourines) we enjoyed it a lot!

We stopped in all the shops that we passed. Most of the people, very nicely, gave us money which we used to go for dinner the last day of this "fiesta".

Personally, where I enjoyed visiting the most was my school "Los Doce Linajes". It thrilled me to see my former teachers, and also to feel that all the children, who were now occupying our desks, were happy. At that moment I remembered how when I was younger I was excited about missing some classes because the minstrels were coming to sing to us! Hee! hee!

Many things have happened to us, and there are many more left because the tuna has not ended yet.

WE WON´T STOP GIVING A LOT OF HASSLE BECAUSE THE TUNA CONTINUEEEES!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like the most the part in which talks about school it also remind me those years of happiness. I enjoyed the tuna a lot it was a mixture of hard work and party. The party was the reward of loosing the voice singing, walking wet and cold through streets we never been before. Ana ceña

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post a lot as I identified with it. We enjoy tuna so much, we sing until we lost our voice, we dance, we are all together living the life , living our young.
    The visit to both schools was excellent although we were punisched because we missed some classes. But, for sure , we are not going to break down the tradition of visiting our school, the place where we grew up and where we met most of our friends. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post is really good, because it reflects all the things that we did during the tuna and the feelings we had. Fuerthermore, we also have to take into account the weather conditions we had to deal with. In one tuna it was most of the time raining and in the other it was snowing. It's a pity that it has now finished and there are no more tunas :( Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wo wo wo! Three hurrays for the Tuna! :D
    I think this post reflects in some way how we have felt the Tuna, all our experiences, adventures, obstacles and fiestas. But it's wat Blanca had mentioned, three Tunas that we did, two of them were or rainy or snowy, and that's a pitty, because the "cape" cannot be with water, because it get in bad conditions.
    Also I enjoyed a lot the day in which we went to the School, because, in my case, I have there my little brother and it was funny to see him while I was disguised (that's what he said to me TT).
    And... Who said that there are no more Tunas? Guys, WE ARE THE TUNA! And we? We are the Espino's party, so, no more saying that there is no more Tunas, because... Hey! I'll organised one ;)
    MARINA

    ReplyDelete