Monday 7 February 2011

The Hunt!

Hunting is any activity where humans enter in the ecosystem of the animals to try to trap them. Normally the animals that they trap are killed.

The history of hunting is part of the history of humans. In Prehistoric times, people hunted animals to survive; if people didn´t hunt they wouldn’t survive because they wouldn´t have enough food to survive.

Humans improved their hunting techniques as time went by. The first tools used for hunting were a straight stick of wood and at the top a sharp stone and also the first knife was invented then. As time went on, new tools were invented and this led to bows and arrows, a curved stick attached to a taut rope connecting the extremities of the stick. This tool led to the first firearms that were invented for war, but later were used in the art of hunting. These weapons were heavy and only of one shot, but as the technology grew the weight was reduced and the number of cartridges increased to 3 per shotgun.

There are two classes of animal groups for hunting, small game and big game. Then there are other variants such as clay pigeon shooting or pigeon shooting. Examples of small game are rabbits, hares, partridge, quail, duck, fox ... etc

Big game animals that are hunted are bigger and heavier like the wild boar, deer, roe, mountain goats, chamois.... etc.

Hunting is considered a healthy sport, although some people criticize it because they think that animal life is affected, but that is a lie because what hunting does is control the number of species within a boundary so that there is no over population.

I hunt and I find it very exciting and I really enjoy it.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with this post in one part.It is true that reduces the number of some species in order to avoid over population but you can´t deny me that there are some people who hunts for hunting and without repecting the procedure.

    Now,for curiosity,in what group do you normally hunt,small game or big game?

    YAIZA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like hunting. I agree with both of you in that hunting is an excellent way to control over population but somtimes hunters hurt animals but they don't killed them completely so you should be careful within those cases.
    If I have to choose one type of hunt I will choose small game as I love big game`s animals.
    JENNI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that post in one way, it's true that hunting avoid the overpopulation of some animals and, another thing that I agree with hunting is that, thanks to it, we are alive, and that hunting, it's a way of culture in some aborigens tribes and hunting marked it's "reign" for saying in some way.
    But in the other hand, hunting is also a crime, because what you are doing is killing animals and, although we need it for survive, what I don't like is that hunting is saw as a hobby instead of a way of life.
    MARINA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. I love hunting and i practise it every wekend when it is allowed.
    It is true that it controlls animal overpopulation. One clear example is my village: there are many deers what destroy sunflower farming. We solve that problem hunting deers.
    DAVID

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with david that is good to control animal's overpopulation but in my village we have sufered an encrease in wolfs and we can't hunt them because they are in danger of extintion. However we can hunt every single animal when we are allowed.
    Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally like hunt. It is a sport as many other and it helps to control plagues of some species. It is good as it doesn't breaks the rules so I don't really understand protests. If you don't like somthing don't do it, but don't disturb the ones who like it.
    Raul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that hunting is a good idea to control the population of wild species, and to extermine dangerous species.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true that it controls the number of species, but I think it shouldn't be cnosidered a sport, because although it is necessary as we also need food, it makes people enjoy killing, and I think that is not a very good point...Blanca

    ReplyDelete